Monday, August 23, 2010

Beer Review: Sierra Nevada Tumbler Brown

I found a six pack of this at Trader Joe's in Queen Anne.  This is a seasonal brown I have never seen from Sierra Nevada.

Served in my commemorative Star Trek III glassware (yep, that's Kirk and Spock) from Taco Bell.  Tumbler pours medium brown with a light off white head. Great roasted malt nose and a hint of hops. Taste was sweet caramel, roasted malt and a nice hoppy finish.  Mouthfeel was light, with medium to high carbonation. 

Overall I liked the beer.  I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase another sixer. I would rather have the Mission St. Brown or the Tamerlane from Black Raven, but overall not too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was an excellent brown myself, and would go a little out of my way for it.

    I would go way out of my way for one of those Star Trek III glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glass is amazing, I have to thank my mom for packing them away for the past 20+ years. I found the box while I was moving up to Seattle. They just don't make glasses like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete