Monday, August 9, 2010

Beer Review: Avery Brewing Czar Imperial Stout

While I was in Colorado I picked up a bottle of Avery Brewing's Imperial Stout at the store.  Avery has a series of Imperial's including Maharaja Imperial IPA, Kaiser Imperial Lager and of course the Czar.  If you have read my posts you should know I love my IPA's and I really do love my stout's.  As soon as you add Imperial to front of those styles, my interest is peaked and the beer is an automatic must have.

Czar pours out pitch black, with a nice off white head.
Aroma:  roasted malt, chocolate, vanilla, toffee.
Taste:  huge dark malt, molasses, and vanilla, finishes a little hot.

Mouthfeel:  medium carbonation, has good drinkablity, but is an Imperial so do yourself a favor and share a bottle.

Overall it was a great beer.  As I have posted before I love Avery.  He is doing some great things with flavors and I really look forward to getting into more of my stash.

1 comment:

  1. Going to have to make an effort to grab a bottle of that, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete