Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Beer Review: 21st Amendment Back in Black


I was wandering around the market in Seattle this weekend and stumbled upon this in Pear Deli and Shoppe.  This place was great, a huge selection of Seattle beers and a very substantial selection of California beers.  I promise to start doing Seattle beer reviews very soon, but I have never seen this and thought my Cali followers would appreciate a review on this new release from 21st Amendment.  For those of you that may not know, 21st Amendment Brewing is located in San Francisco and is a mainstay of brewing in the bay.  They have are becoming a pretty substantial brewer, so far have released four of their beers in cans.

Back in Black is an American IPA brewed with dark malts.  It comes in at 6.8% and a wopping 65 IBU's. 

It pours out dark brown/black with an off white head.
Aroma:  dark black malt, roasted malt, piney hops
Taste:  starts with black malt, roasted malt, then a nice hint of resin hops and a black malt flavor and a mouth puckering hop finish.
Mouthfeel:  medium to high carbonation. low body. finishes slightly dry.

Overall:  Yummy!  I think most of the beers I have reviewed have been good, I guess I have really great taste.  But this was a great treat.  I think the balance of the Black malt and the hops worked well together.  It is a very drinkable beer, I could definitely have more than one of these and I am little bitter I didn't buy a couple extra.  Thanks 21st Amendment for another great beer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment