Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beer Review The Lost Abbey Avant Garde


This is the first tasting in what I hope is a long happy relationship with The Lost Abbey   Lost Abbey is the second brewery headed by Tomme Arthur who is also head of brewing operations at  Port Brewing in San Marcos.

Avant Garde is brewed in the Biere de Garde style of Northern France and fermented with a lager yeast strain which is different.  I found this bottle at BevMo on Camden Ave.  BevMo has started carrying quite a few of The Lost Abbey and Port Brewing beers.

Avant Garde pours cloudy with a golden orange color.
Aroma: yeasty, notes of pear/apple and honey.
Taste:  sweet malt, honey and pear/apple and straw.
Mouthfeel:  nice light body, medium carbonation, very drinkable

Overall:  I really enjoyed this beer.  I would buy it again is a second.  I have to make another trip over to BevMo to get the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment