Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beer Review Dieu Du Ciel! Aphrodite

 
I had the pleasure of shopping at City Beer Store a couple months ago and was directed to a few beers by Dieu Du Ciel.  I originally passed them by, mostly because of cost, $6.99 for a 11.5oz. bottle.  Now, I am all for supporting craft beer, but to pay that much for a small beer seemed a little ridiculous to me.  Luckily for me, my girlfriend has fallen in love with craft beer, like me, and was willing to fork over the cash to try this unique brew. 

Aphrodite is a Stout brewed with cocoa and real vanilla beans and comes in at 6.5% abv.

Aphrodite pours out dark with a light brown head.
Aroma:  roasted malt and vanilla
Taste:  chocolate, caramel and a nice roasted malt and vanilla finish.
Mouthfeel:  nice medium body, with medium carbonation 

Overall:  Very drinkable beer.  Would I buy it again?  Maybe not, but I would have my girlfriend buy this again.  The vanilla and cocoa are great balance to that roasted malt flavor.  It's a super great stout and would definitely recommend this to stout lovers.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment